Birthday Cake Rice Krispies Treats
Posted on October 25 2016
Fall is an especially fun season for us here at Fatty Sundays. We have a lot to look forward to this time of year. Ali and Lauren both have birthdays to celebrate (and their older sister does, too!), and we love holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving! As it gets colder and colder out, it’s a perfect time to cozy up at home and make delicious sweets. This fall we made Fatty Sundays Birthday Cake Rice Krispies Treats, which are Rice Krispies treats covered with white chocolate and Fatty Sundays birthday cake pretzel bites. Birthday cake is one of our most popular flavors, and our birthday cake bites are pretty addicting. We wanted to incorporate them into a classic favorite like Rice Krispies treats. We love the recipe on the cereal box, so we used that and added our own special touch to it. Want to make our concoction for yourself? Here’s how!
Birthday Cake Rice Krispies Treats Ingredients:
-6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
-3 tablespoons butter
-1 package (10 oz) Jet-Puffed Marshmallows OR 4 cups Jet
-Puffed Miniature Marshmallows
-12 ounces white chocolate, broken into pieces
-Fatty Sundays Birthday Cake Pretzel Bites
Birthday Cake Rice Krispies Treats Recipe Directions:
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly spread mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
5. In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate over simmering heat. Stir frequently.
6. Spread the melted white chocolate over the mixture, then sprinkle Fatty Sundays Birthday Cake Pretzel Bites on top.
7. Let cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
This treat is best when served the same day. Why would you want to wait anyway? Both kids and adults love birthday cake flavor and Rice Krispies treats, so these are great for any birthday celebration. They also add a sweet touch to any Halloween celebration! Your best friend’s birthday happens to be on Halloween, or close to it? We’ve got you covered with these treats. Birthday Cake Rice Krispies Treats are not season-specific, so make sure to hold onto this recipe for any time of the year! Send us a picture of your creation, and we just might feature yours on our Instagram!