Caramel Chocolate Brownies with Sprinkle Pretzels
Posted on May 15 2016
Did you know?! Today is National Chocolate Chip Day! And, yes, we're celebrating with Caramel Chocolate Brownies with Sprinkle Pretzels. There are a lot of amazing (and some very silly!) food holidays each month. We're all for them, as long as they are celebrating something sweet. What's better than a day dedicated to a particular dessert, confection or snack?! We strongly believe that on a food holiday you can indulge in that special treat...without regret! In honor of National Chocolate Chip Day today, we are sharing a decadent, delicious Caramel Chocolate Brownie recipe incorporating Fatty Sundays sprinkle pretzels, and lots and lots of white chocolate chips! These brownies are everything you've ever wanted in a brownie, and more. They are gooey, fudge-y, super sweet and tasty. They are sprinkled and baked with Fatty Sundays chocolate covered pretzel bits which add a layer of crunch and loads of color. They are a great way to add something special to the classic brownie or blondie dessert that everyone knows and loves.
These brownies are great to bring to a party for dessert, or bake at home on a rainy day. They can be cut up into squares as small or big as you'd like, so they are perfect for sharing with friends, family and co-workers. We promise you that kids and adults alike will enjoy these brownies decorated with chocolate covered pretzels and white chocolate chips. We recommend eating them with an ice cold glass of milk. So... what are you waiting for?! Happy baking!
1 cup of butter, melted and cooled 3/4 cup of cocoa
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of plain flour
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp of baking powder
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
10oz of caramels, such as Kraft caramels
1 tablespoon of butter a good pinch of sea salt
2 packages of Fatty Sundays sprinkle pretzels, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 square brownie pan.
- Combine the butter, vanilla, sugar and eggs in a large bowl.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Stir vigorously until smooth. Add the salt and the chocolate chips.
- To make the caramel filling, combine the sweetened condensed milk, butter and caramels in a sauce pan on low.
- Pour two thirds of the brownie batter into the pan and bake for ten minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour over the caramel, leaving a little to drizzle later, and then the rest of the batter.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crushed up pretzel pieces three minutes before removing from the oven, pushing into batter slightly.
- Drizzle with any leftover caramel.
- Allow to cook completely before attempting to slice.