Fatty Sundays Brown Butter Sprinkle Cookies
Posted on February 24 2017
Is it just us, or is there something so nostalgic about simple sprinkle cookies? They remind us of our childhood and of middle school parties. Oh how sweet those days were! One Sunday we decided to take a trip down memory lane and whipped up some fun brown butter sprinkle cookies, with our very own Fatty Sundays Rainbow Sprinkles pretzels crushed on top! We hope this recipe brings you nothing but joy like it did for us.
Serving size: 10-15 cookies
Brown Butter Sprinkle Cookies Recipe Ingredients:
-1 cup unsalted butter
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 large egg
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-2 tablespoons cornstarch
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
-a pinch of salt
-Fatty Sundays Rainbow Sprinkle Pretzels crushed up
Brown Butter Sprinkle Cookies Recipe Directions:
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat. Constantly stir the butter around with a whisk or rubber spatula. The butter will begin to bubble and get foamy. Keep watching it! After about 2-3 minutes, you’ll see the color of the butter change to brown. Once you begin to see brown specks in the butter, remove it from heat immediately to avoid burning. Pour the browned butter into a shallow dish and place in the freezer for about 10 minutes, or until cooled and solid.
- In a large bowl, cream together the browned butter and sugar until combined. Add in vanilla extract and the egg and mix all together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Add it slowly to the butter mixture, combining well. Add in the sprinkles and mix slowly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough into balls and line parchment paper with them. Top off the cookies with crushed Fatty Sundays Rainbow Sprinkles.
- Bake for 9 minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy!
Browning the butter is optional here, but we recommend doing so as it adds a nice nutty flavor and delicious smell to the mix. These soft baked cookies will come out of the oven picture perfect, so have your camera phones ready. Their fun, colorful look and yummy taste make them great for birthday parties, dinner parties or any special event!
Our suggestion? Invite your childhood best friend over to help you bake these cookies, and reminisce about growing up together. Make sure to get your Fatty Sundays Rainbow Sprinkles Pretzels online first. You’ll only need one box for this recipe, but you may want to buy 1 or 2 extra to snack on, too!