Fatty Sundays Ice Cream Sandwiches
Posted on June 26 2016
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches Dipped in Chocolate and Fatty Sundays Pretzels
Chocolate on pretzels on chocolate on cookies on ice cream… it doesn’t get much better than that! Ice cream sandwiches make for the perfect summertime treat. Why not make them ice cream sandwiches with fresh homemade cookies? And by cookies, I mean cookies dipped in chocolate and covered with Fatty Sundays pretzel pieces. Check out this drool-worthy recipe for yourself!
- 2/3 cup of melted butter, cooled
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Melted chocolate for dipping
- Fatty Sundays Pretzels, chopped roughly
Ice Cream Ingredients:
- Any scoop of your choosing, we love Steve’s Ice Cream in Blackberry Honey flavor
- Whisk the butter, sugars and vanilla together. When smooth, whisk in the eggs too.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and allow the dough to chill for at least an hour (but ideally overnight!).
- Bake for 5-10 minutes. You want to under-bake the cookies somewhat so they’re chewy and don’t harden up too much when smothered in ice cream. You should get 16-18 cookies, if you make them big.
- When cooled, dip the cookies halfway in the melted chocolate and sprinkle over crushed pretzels.
- Sandwich together two cookies with a scoop of your favorite ice cream inside!
Your best friend’s birthday is coming up this summer? Throw he or she a surprise party and make these chocolate covered pretzel cookie ice cream sandwiches for everyone. You will certainly make their birthday extra sweet!