When it comes to desserts, Rice Krispies Treats are a tried and true favorite. That’s why we put our heads together at Fatty Sundays and found a way to make them even better! Check out our delicious Birthday Cake Rice Krispies Treat recipe below and give your favorite classic treat a well deserved twist.
What You’ll Need
To get started, gather the below ingredients:
For Rice Krispie Treats:
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (10.5 oz) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ¼ cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 ½ cups crushed Fatty Sundays Birthday Cake Rods
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coarsely crushed Fatty Sundays Birthday Cake Pretzel Rods
Step by Step Instructions
We love this delicious recipe in part because it’s so simple! Follow the step by step instructions below:
- Butter a 9x13 dish and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Add Rice Krispies Cereal and 1 ½ cups crushed Fatty Sundays Pretzel Rods.
- Gently fold mixture until cereal and pretzels are evenly coated.
- Spread mixture in pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring throughout.
- Drizzle chocolate over Rice Krispies.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining crushed Fatty Sundays Pretzel Rods.
- Cover and refrigerate until set.
While you can use any of your favorite Fatty Sundays flavors crushed up for this recipe, our personal favorite for Rice Krispie treats is Birthday Cake! Explore our different pretzel flavors and make your next dessert stand out.